Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Reunion...

Wow! It's been a while since I last posted a blog and I totally missed it! I've been pretty occupied with uploading my gazillion collection of pictures on shutterfly.com (http://www.prettycielo.shutterfly.com/ and http://www.prettycieloandfriends.shutterfly.com/) and I was really into it for the past few weeks. Still, I haven't finished uploading all of my treasured photos. Blame it on the digital camera technology. Taking photos now is like talking on the phone. ; )


Anyways, today was quite a surreal experience. After so many, many, many years, I've come to see my relatives again... from my mom's side. Well, only some of them because most of my cousins and aunts and uncles now live and work abroad.


My cousin Mia and her family went home for a vacation from Canada. She thought of meeting all her relatives and I must say, her idea was good. So she set a birthday party for her son Ian/family reunion in Jollibee Greenmeadows at 1PM today.
Me and my siblings never really had contact from them (mommy's side) for so many years now for reasons that are not-so personal to list (because our life story is quite an open book to everyone) but too many to mention. In short, several not-so-fortunate circumstances made us stray away from each other!
But despite everything that has happened over the years, I realized that, somehow, I missed my relatives, too. And it disheartens me that we (my siblings and I) never really had a chance to be close with my mommy's side. When I was on my way to the venue, I was expecting some awkward moments to take place during the occasion. But surprisingly, it was a warm gathering. No hang-ups, no dramas, no nothing! Just a fun and wacky get-together.
I hope that this is a start of a renewed relationship with our mommy's side relatives... = D

No comments: