Friday, May 09, 2008

Ngarag!

Kakatapos lang busy April, 1st few days pa lang ng May, a lot of things happened already!


Enzo was just recovering from his asthma when my Ricky got sick naman...


5th of May, Monday. It was just a regular Monday morning for my hubby. He got up, showered, dressed up then drove his way to work. A few hours later, about 11AM, he called me and told me that he'll be home earlier than usual. Around 8PM daw. He usually comes home kasi mga 12 or 1 AM na. I was just planning pa lang what to cook for dinner for him when someone rang the doorbell. It was Ricky na pala. It was just 2PM. He looked so sick. As in he's maputla but his eyes were kind'da red and he looked so tired. He was complaining of having a hard time urinating and feeling chills. I touched his forehead and he has fever pala. I took his temp and it was a whooping 40 degrees! Talk about hot!




I immediately called Ate Ruby and asked her to take care of Enzo for a while. When she arrived, I rushed Ricky to the hospital na. At the ER of CSMC, they immediately took his BP, his temp and took blood and urine samples from him. They also put IV on him na. After two and a half long hours of waiting in the ER, the doctor told us that he needs to be confined ASAP because he has UTI and that high levels of bacteria were found in his blood! That being said, they immediately bombarded Ricky with high doses of antibiotics.


We later on found out that the bacteria on his blood reached 24,000 or so and according to Dr. Carreon, it was way beyond normal so high doses of antibiotics were again given to him. His fever should not go up again because if it does, he will have to stay longer in the hospital. Buti na lang his fever didn't come back na. And so he was released na rin on the 8th.


Ay, grabe! Nakaka-ngarag ang mga ganitong events! Sana wag na maulit kasi ang hirap... hirap humanap ng temporary yaya for Enzo; hirap mag-alala; ang HIRAP SA BULSA!!! Buti na lang my sis Dione was kind enough to take care of my Enzo the whole day nung Tuesday so I was able to spend time with my hubby in the hospital. Then nung Wednesday naman, Enzo was scheduled for check-up so we were able to stop by and on Thursday, Ricky was back to normal na so he settled everything at the hospital by himself. We just waited for him na lang at home.


I was really happy to see Ricky home but I guess Enzo was much happier. He kept on playing with his Dad the whole day. As in halos hindi sya sumama sa akin. Then he cries when his Dad would go out of the room, which he normally does not do. Ang cute! Siguro Enzo knew that his Dad was not around for a few nights.


Hay... life is really full of surprises!

No comments: